Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Day After My Birthday...


In 2008, the day after my birthday happens to be Election Day back in the USA.  Thats today, and honestly I am so glad too, because I am sick of it.  All of it.  Plain and simple.  

So people, lets face it.  Mr. Obama is more than likely going to be our next president.  Now, I have no idea what will come with his presidency (I have been assured that it will be quite the CHANGE from that last guy we had), but something that will most certainly have to come about is new political jokes!  Take a break, O ye weary and down trodden conservatives and republicans, and return to your homes and grab a cold Bud and flip to the new Comedy Central!  'Cause I think we will be seeing a CHANGE in our Daily updates with Jon Stewart!

Of course, I am absolutely intrigued as to how the comedy world (i.e. Hollywood) is going to shift its focus of humor and (dare I say sometimes) mockery to Mr. Obama and a more "liberal" government (Yes, I am implying that I feel they will balk at the idea that now they have to make fun of themselves).  I mean, they've had it way to easy for the past 8 years.  Our last president was a white man from texas who couldn't follow a TelePrompTer to save his life...too easy.  So I hope that we are now entering into a new age of comedy, are you ready America?!  Too bad I live in Burundi where I will have no access to cable television or YouTube to watch this new era be birthed...

(Take a look at this pioneering website that has had me in stitches for over a year now.  In many ways I find it refreshing...though a good many of those points I am guilty of myself, so it helps to laugh at one self)

No comments: