Thursday, June 26, 2008

He chose 12...

Being forced to raise support head-on this week is probably the hardest hit my pride has ever taken...

Encouragement though has come from unexpected places and at unexpected times. He is indeed Jehovah Jira...my provider, He restores me soul.

As I have reflected on Christ's model of discipleship I have realized many things, but one that has stuck with me is who His disciples were. They were not the highly educated, not the cream of the crop, and probably not the most refined of society. They were rough fishermen. Christ looked past ALL that, and saw obedient hearts. He sees my heart. He sees my desire to serve Him, and as I continue to feel completely inadequate to serve Him, He reminds me. "Obey me. I am all you need. I will provide. Trust me."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Issac, your heart is amazing. Though you wrote this blog as a reminder to yourself, I am greatly encouraged - i think I was supposed to read this this morning. :-)

Katie said...

Isaac. i love you. i miss you. you are amazing. this post brought tears to my eyes as I feel just like this right now.

praise God.