Friday, December 12, 2008

go corporate...



Coffee.

What images come to mind? What feelings? Mm, there are so many. This single commodity has invigorated and stirred our senses for centuries. I myself am surprised at the precision with which I am able to navigate in a groggy, sleepy trance from my bed to the coffee maker at the wee hours of the morning. While many a blog entry and book have been written about this life changing substance, I will simply make one request.

If you drink coffee, go to your nearest Starbucks and buy some Burundi Kayanza Coffee.


Starbucks was recently praised for its investment in the Kayanza district of northern Burundi. In a country where 90% of its economic income comes from coffee and tea, it is so important to be able to have a company like Starbucks invest in it. Starbucks has also supported CARE in its clean water projects to displaced people in Burundi. They have also invested in community-development projects and farmer support centers.


Sounds like quite the symphony I am playing here for Starbucks. Well, its written from the heart. I usually am not the one to tell you go and buy from a big corporate enterprise. But basically Burundi needs all the help it can get to get its only commodity out there...would you help, please? Its trendy to consume beverages from little known regions of the world, right?

6 comments:

Betsy said...

I shamefully visit Starbucks during my morning commute a little too often, and whenever I see this Burundi coffee, I think of you! Perhaps I'll buy a bag or two ;)

Paul, Rebecca, Oren and David Mosley said...

No Way! Starbucks has Burundi coffee? That is awesome. I will alert my blog readers next week.

organman said...

I detest Starbucks. As an admitted coffee snob I have never had a decent cup from that place. I find it pretentious and over priced. I just roasted up some Burundi Kayanza Bwayi that I got green from a mail order retailer.

Philth-a-delphia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philth-a-delphia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philth-a-delphia said...

I had a few cups of Starbucks Burundi Kayanza at a friends house and shortly after, found out that Starbucks no longer offered this coffee. This is the only cup of coffee I've ever enjoyed and I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction to a similar tasting coffee. I'm not a coffee person in general so I'm kinda lost because this coffee made me want to drink it everyday... please help!