Monday, September 1, 2008

So little time...

In a week I will be at the World Relief headquarters in Baltimore.  Probably sweating nervously as I am introduced to people in the office and the reality of my internship begins to set in.  This is my first real 'job' ever, and I am very much intimidated.

I have less than a week in Blacksburg, Va.  A place that has been 'home' for the past 3 and a half years.  How does one go about saying good-bye to that.  Its the people.  Burruss Hall, the drill field, and Bollo's will all be here when I get back, but some of the people won't. If there is one thing that I have been trying so hard to do, is to say heartfelt goodbyes.  In essence to be vulnerable.

For the longest time I have been able to skirt a true goodbye with excuses.  The best of them completely absolves me of any blame.  I simply tell myself that whomever it is that I want to say goodbye to didn't care about our relationship the way that I did, and therefore would not care if I said a heartfelt goodbye or not.  Messed up, I know.  

I have realized the error of my ways, and now I am taking this leaving opportunity to say good bye. I love you. You mean the world to me. No matter where I am on this globe, I remember you, I pray for you, and miss you.

No comments: